Platelet therapy with plasma (PTP) is a high concentration of platelets surrounded in its own plasma. A small amount of your own blood is drawn and the red cells are isolated from the blood. This PTP is used to stimulate a variety of stem cell and growth factors in your own body.
Blood-Derived Growth Factors:
The internal essence of your blood contains life-giving fundamental protein growth factors and stem cells. PTP utilizes a leading-edge technology to stimulate your body to heal itself. Dr. Melamed is able to derive a high concentration of tissue for a variety of treatments. Read below for more information and to see a video.
Growth Factor Production Known Effects:
- Epidermal Growth Factor (EFG)
Plays a significant role in the regulation of cell growth, proliferation and differentiation during the remodeling phase. Stimulates keratinocyte and fibroblast production.
- Transforming Growth Factor (TFG)
Promotes angiogenesis which is the physiological process involving the growth of new blood vessels.
- Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor (VEGF)
An important signaling protein involved in both vasculogenesis and angiogenesis that may help the growth of blood vessels from pre-existing vasculature.
- Fibroblast Growth Factor (FGF)
Promotes angiogenesis, granulation, and epithelialization for the intricate process of Tissue repairing itself after injury.
- Platelet-Derived Growth Factor (PDGF)
Attracts macrophages and fibroblasts to the zone of injury. Promotes collagen growth and proteoglycan synthesis.
- Interleukins, Macrophages, Keratinocytes, Endothelial Cells, Lymphocytes, Fibroblasts, Osteoblasts, Basophils, Mast Cells
Activates fibroblast differentiation. Induces collagen and proteoglycan synthesis for healthy cell production and repair of damaged tissues.
- Collagen Stimulating Growth Factor
Stimulates granulocyte and macrophage proliferation for the growth of healthy tissue and blood cells.
- Keratinocyte Growth Factor (KGF)
Keratinocyte migration, differentiation, and proliferations may optimize conditions for healing and the generation of new skin.
What to expect after your treatment:
All consultations and treatments are provided exclusively by Dr. Melamed.
- Dr. Melamed will draw an amount of blood similar to what is required for a basic lab test (usually 20-30 cc depending on the procedure).
- Dr. Melamed places the blood into a centrifuge and spins the blood at a very rapid rate to separate the platelets from the other components of the blood.
- Your platelet-rich plasma is then activated using an FDA-approved process in order to release essential growth factors.
Because everything in this process is exclusively from your own body (autologous in origin), there is virtually no risk of intolerance.
- Dr. Melamed will then use your A-PRP for the appropriate treatment. Treatments may include:
- PTP with Fillers: immediate and long-term face lift
- PTP full facial enhancement without fillers: total facial rejuvenation with increased firmness and tightening
- PTP with laser resurfacing / fractional: scar reduction and total rejuventation
- PTP hair restoration: long-term hair regeneration
If you have any questions about PTP or any other procedure or would like to make a consultation please schedule an Online Appointment or call 1-88-88-West LA (310-473-1734).