PhotoFacial & IPL Photo Rejuvenation
Dr. David P. Melamed has been helping patients with Sun Damage and related skin discoloration to improve skin texture using accurate and tailored IPL and Photo Facial treatments.
Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) technology, also known as a Photo-Facial, can successfully treat:
- Brown spots (age spots, liver spots) and pigmentation
- Photo-Aging (rough texture, red and brown discolorations)
- Face veins (telangiectasias)
- Redness and brown mottled pigmentation on the face, neck, chest, arms and hands
- Actinic keratoses (pre-cancers) and warts
IPL will also improve skin tone and texture, resulting in more vibrant, radiant skin.
Photo-rejuvenation using IPL is a non-invasive treatment that can treat skin damage without disruption of the skin’s surface, hence, “no down time.” Several treatments (four to six) are usually necessary and are typically performed 3-4 weeks apart.
IPL is like a laser, but it works with multiple wavelengths instead of just one, which is how lasers work. We use the most powerful, state-of-the-art, advanced IPL technology available. Treatments are well tolerated and usually do not require an anesthetic. You will feel some stinging, like the snapping of a rubber band, and some burning, like a sunburn. Treatments sessions times will vary on the area treated, but usually last 20-30 minutes.
Preparation before your treatment:
- You must not be tan on the treated areas! Avoid self-tanners for 2 weeks prior to your appointment.
- The treated area(s) must be clean, without makeup.
What to expect after your treatment:
After IPL your skin will appear red for up to several hours. You may also develop a brown, freckled appearance, which looks like “coffee grinds”. This occurs in areas of brown pigmentation and can last several days to a week.
If you have any questions about Photo Facial or IPL or any other procedure or would like to make a Complimentary Consultation please schedule and Online Appointment or call toll free 1-88-88-West LA (310-473-1734).