Medical Microdermabrasion is offered and performed exclusively by Dr. David Melamed and includes a full Ultraviolet Photo evaluation. These treatments are not performed by the nurse or an aesthetician; only performed by Dr. Melamed.
What Is Medical Microdermabrasion?
Medical Microdermabrasion uses very small aluminum oxide crystals to remove the stratum corneum (top) layer of the skin; the dead skin cells. Over time and with age you develop thicker keratinized skin, making you look old and worn-down. Medical Microdermabrasion removes microscopic layers and stimulates collagen networking to even-out skin texture and appearance, and reduce the appearance of large pores and reduce sun spots.
The frequency and length of treatment will depend on your specific needs. A consultation is Complimentary and has no obligation to you.
What Is difference between regular microdermabrasion and Medical Microdermabrasion?
The microdermabrasion performed in spa uses spa-grade microderm equipment. These serives are not performed or monitored by a physician. Medical Microdermabrasion uses more advanced very small aluminum oxide crystals utilizing sensitive and specialized devices. A Medical Microdermabrasion is not available in any spa and can only be performed under the supervision and guidance of a medical doctor. West LA Medical & Skincare offers only Medical Microdermabrasion services.
What Should I Expect from Medical Microdermabrasion?
- You will first have your skin cleaned and toned with gentle care
- The Medical Microdermabrasion session will last approximately 30-minutes (for a full treatment). You will first feel the particles on your arm in order to assist you with acclimating with the sensation of the procedure.
- After the procedure you will have a soothing mask applied to the area treated. This will assist your skin with recovery.
- Follow up home care instructions for your skin type will be reviewed. Skin care products may be recommended to assist you with your goals. It is strongly advised that you arrive for your first session with your current skin care products so the doctor & esthetician can review these products with you.
What conditions will Medical Microdermabrasion help?
- Blackheads & Whiteheads
- Fine Wrinkles
- Sun Damaged Skin
- Acne Prone Skin
- Superficial Age Spots
- Oily Skin
- Post Laser Blending
- Superficial Age Spots
- Dull, oily or leathery skin texture
- Contracting enlarged pores
- Exfoliating and suctioning clogged pores in acne cases
- Polishing and reducing fine lines
- Mild acne scarring
- Mild pigment irregularities
- Enhancing penetration of therapeutic agents
How long before I notice results from my Medical Microdermabrasion procedure?
Patients will notice immediate improvement in the texture and appearance of their skin after the first treatment.
What are the results of Medical Microdermabrasion?
Medical Microdermabrasion treatments result in rejuvenation of aged skin and improvement in the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, sun damage, hyper pigmentation, scars, and stretch marks. After a treatment, you can expect your skin to have a pink glow that usually last from 30 minutes to 6 hours.
If you have any questions about Medical Microdermabrasion or any other procedure or would like to make a Complimentary Consultation please schedule and Online Appointment or call toll free 1-88-88-West LA (310-473-1734).